Saturday, May 14, 2011

new at whats up: beggar's bowl



whats up: beggar's bowl

I am not exactly a monk (sort of an ascetic though I guess), but offer my art, meditations, blogging and activism in hope that I am helping to educate and inspire others, helping to create through my small efforts a better world for us all. I do this in order to contribute to our mutual overall well-being, in service, without expectation; and, I never run any sort of advertising on my pages. If you enjoy my blogs and have found what I am doing here to be useful, please consider making a contribution. This will help me to continue my work... (more)

Buddhistic monk meditating with Buddha bowl at Oigawa, Arashiyama, Kyoto, Japan. This is a file from the Wikimedia Commons

The term mendicant (from Latin: mendicans, "begging") refers to someone who survives by begging or relies on receiving charitable donations, and is most widely used for religious followers or ascetics who depend exclusively on charity to survive and continue to do their good work.

Contributions made in appreciation of my artistic, educational, spiritual, and activist efforts, and for my free high resolution artwork downloads* should be considered gifts, and are much appreciated! Anything you might offer will help, will be counted as personal income on my end, and is not tax deductible.




TAG THIS PHOTO


ha ha - tag! - you are Buddha!

tag on facebook | buddha artwork by rc










whats more: Diamond Sutra

a derivative work made from 2 files from Wikipedia Commons


All conditioned phenomena

Are like dreams, illusions,
bubbles, or shadows;

Like drops of dew,
or flashes of lightning;

Thusly should they be contemplated.




see also:
a youtube slideshow and index of art & photos

Dharma talk - What is “kind speech?"

Master of the Shakuhachi
& about Zen & Buddhism

Dharma Wheel & About Dharma


No comments:

Post a Comment